Sugar Scrub - Vanilla Coffee
Who doesn't love the combination of sugar, coffee and vanilla?! Our creamy, decadent vanilla coffee scrub smoothes, moistures and sloughs dead cells to reveal softer, more radiant looking skin. Our updated formula will go on creamy and thick, then wash off without an oily residue.
Exfoliation is an important step in your skincare routine. Do you know why? Exfoliating just 2-3 times a week has many benefits. Here is the top 5! 1) Sloughs dead skin cells; removes scaly, rough skin. 2) Encourages circulation. 3) Leaves skin instantly softer. 4) Makes moisturizers more effective. 5) Unclogs pores.
- Sancha Inchi Oil: A natural oil obtained from the seeds of the sacha inchi plant from the Peruvian amazon jungle. The oil is extracted without the use of chemicals or solvents at low temperatures preserving its' essential fatty acids, vitamins and nutritional properties. Sancha Inchi oil contains high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids, omega-3's and omega-6's, and has an ideal balance between omega-3 and omega-6 levels (1.4 to 1). It also contains omega-9 fatty acids and a high concentration of tocopherols. Organic sacha inchi oil is a good source of plant derived omega-3's and It's moisturizing and antioxidant properties make it ideal for the skin.
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa butter is an aromatic fat derived from the cacao beans contained in the fruit pods of the Cocoa/Cacao tree. Cocoa butter melts at body temperature and naturally soothes dry, sensitive skin and has been used for scars for centuries. Cocoa Butter is high in omega 9 which boosts softness, radiance and suppleness to the skin and hair. It aids in reducing the appearance of premature aging such as wrinkles and fine lines and has antioxidant properties. Cocoa butter creates a protective barrier on the skin which restores the skin by giving the skin an opportunity to retain its required moisture and vibrance. The polyphenols in Cocoa Butter are known to aid in skin health and function as well.
- Mango Butter: A lighter feeling butter that contains concentrated amounts of natural vitamins and fatty acids that are incredibly moisturizing for skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil: A lightweight oil which is known to be rich in vitamin A, E, and B as well as Oleic and Linoleic essential fatty acids. Almond oil is easily absorbed, won't clog pores and leaves the skin with a healthy glow.
- Apricot Kernel Oil: Rich in antioxidants and vitamins C & E. Softens and boosts radiance. It has been shown to exhibit anti-aging properties and leaves the skin looking supple and smooth.
- Jojoba Oil: A powerful ingredient that has been used in beauty products for centuries! It is actually a liquid wax but structurally and chemically similar to oil and our own skins sebum. It penetrates faster than most oils and doesn't leave behind a residue. It's rich in antioxidants and fatty acids and wont clog pores.
- Coffee Oil: Like most seeds, coffee beans (which are seeds) contain a lot of natural oils. Coffee oil is high in terpenes, omega 9, omega 6, ferulic acid, polyphenols (potent antioxidants) and palmitic acid which is a potent antioxidant. 2,3-dimethyl benzofuran is a chemical compound responsible for giving coffee its smokey, woody, and sweet fragrance. Dihydrobenzofuran is one of the most important chemical compounds found in the brain and primarily functions as a serotonin receptor. Low levels of serotonin have been linked to depressive disorders, memory issues, low libido, and a reduced appetite. Known as the happy hormone, serotonin is able to improve cognitive functions and mood, so it is thought that an increase in the amounts of dihydrobenzofuran available in the body correlates to an increase in serotonin levels. Coffee essential oil is said to be one of the best homeopathic remedies for aching joints and sore muscles. Kahweol is the compound responsible for its anti-inflammatory properties, and studies have shown its effectiveness in reducing inflammation. Coffee essential oil is also a potent topical analgesic that increases blood flow to the area applied, thought to increase the rate of healing while providing relief. Coffee oil is jammed packed with components good for the skin such as antioxidants, vitamin E and may even have some skin damage protection in some studies that show it's ability to remove damaged cells. Due to the antioxidants in coffee essential oil, it has fantastic anti-aging properties. These antioxidants actively work to reduce oxidative stress on the skin, leading to increased blood flow oxygen delivery to cells. Increased blood flow is thought to stimulates collagen production in the epidermis and results in the reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, blemishes, and age spots. The caffeine content found in this essential oil has also been shown to drastically reduce the appearance of crow’s feet by reducing their depth.
- Vanilla Oil: Vanilla is rich in niacin, thiamin, and pantothenic acid which help promote skin health, keeping skin clear of and fending off free radical damage. It can also help reduce the appearance wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots.